JSC “Navigation Information Systems” (JSC “NIS”) is a systems integrator for major GLONASS satellite technology adoption projects in Russia. The Company was established in 2007.
JSC “NIS” business is installing GLONASS satellite technology-based equipment in vehicles and supporting commercialization of modern satellite systems in Russian and international markets.
JSC “NIS” implements major government and commercial GLONASS technology adoption projects in Russia:
- ERA-GLONASS – government accident emergency response system; the project is supported by the Presidential Commission for Modernization and Technological Development of the Russian Economy
- City of Moscow intelligent transportation system
- System for collection of tolls for use of federal and regional roads by vehicles with weight of over12 tonnes
- Navigation information support for the transportation of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi as part of the Logistics & Transportation Center (L&TC)
- Equipping vehicle fleets for the Ministry of Interior, EMERCOM, Ministry of Transport, Rostransnadzor, Russian Post, Transneft, and other enterprises
- Adoption of GLONASS-technology based solutions for vehicle monitoring and management in Russian regions – development and implementation of regional GLONASS technology adoption target programs, building regional partner service center networks
JSC “NIS” is actively promoting GLONASS technology in foreign markets: India, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, countries in Middle East, Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
- JS MGTS - 90,0006%
- NI-Finam LLC – 9,9994%
NIS GLONASS Objectives:
- Formation of integrated technology policy for navigation services
- Creation of favorable conditions for mainstream adoption of GLONASS technologies in domestic and global markets
- Initiation and support of GLONASS-based products and services development in Russia and abroad
- Contribution to the development of government policy on GLONASS commercialization
- Ensuring integration of process management for implementation of GLONASS in Russia (refinement of legal framework, uniform technical standards, etc.)
- Creation of mass markets for competitive equipment and services, based on GLONASS technologies
- Export of GLONASS technologies to world markets: CIS countries, Latin America, India, Middle East